Nowadays, it is difficult to find a job. Mourad is a young man who studied architecture and the history of Arabian art. He is worried because there are so many unemployed people. He has already applied for a job but he has not received an answer yet.
Last summer, Mourad worked as a tourist-guide and enjoyed it very much. He was fascinated by the various landscapes of the Sahara rocky mountains in the Hoggar, cave paintings in the Tassili, Oases, sand dunes and typical towns and villages.
He finds this work very interesting and hopes to get a job at the National Office in Algiers (O.N.A.T). PART ONE: ( 14 pts ) Section One: Reading Comprehension ( 07 pts ) A ) Read the text and answer the questions ( 02 Pts)
1. When did Mourad work as a tourist-guide ?
2. Did he enjoy that work ? B ) Are these statements true or false ? Correct the wrong ones. ( 03 pts )
1. It is not difficult to find a job nowadays.
2. Mourad is worried because of the great number of employed people.
3. Mourad was fascinated by the Sahara. C ) Lexis : ( 02 pts ) 1- Find in the text words that are closest in meaning to :
jobless = …………….. liked = …………………. 2- Find in the text words that are opposite in meaning to :
easy ? ……………… old ? ……………… Section Two: Mastery of Language ( 07 Pts ) A ) Write the correct form of the verbs in brackets. ( 03 pts )
Mourad ( to like ) the Sahara very much. He already ( to visit ) different towns. Three years ago, he ( to go ) on a guided tour round some Algerian Oases. In Bousaada, he ( to ride ) a camel for the first time, and ( to have ) some glasses of tea. Mourad ( to enjoy ) the tour very much. B ) Spot the mistakes and correct it. ( 02pts )
1. He like the Sahara, don't he ?
2. I are interested of the jobs of a tourist-guide. C ) Read the text carefully, pick out the word which have the sound / ai / and / ei /. Write two words in each appropriate box . ( 02 pts ) / ai // ei /
PART TWO: Integration Phase (written expression) ( 06 Pts )
You want to draw your future, which kind of job are you interested in. Speak about this job and say why you have chosen it. Write a short paragraph of less than ten (10) lines.
التعديل الأخير تم بواسطة الاستاذ ; 01-08-2014 الساعة 05:36 PM