اختبار الفصل الثالث في الانجليزية للسنة الثالثة متوسط النموذج 5
اختبار الثلاثي الثالث في اللغة الانجليزية للسنة 3 متوسط
Level: 03 AM
Third Term English Examination
Text: English Language More than 360 million people in the world speak English as their first language. With 252 million people, the United States has the greatest number of English speakers. The United Kingdom comes second with a population of 57 million, Canada third with 26 million, Australia fourth with 17 million, Ireland fifth with 3.6 million, New Zealand sixth 3.4 million, Jamaica seventh with 2.3 million and Trinidad is in the eighth position with 1.7 million people. To all these English-speaking countries, English came on the boat of British colonizers. In each of its new homes, it developed and became a little different from British English .
PART ONE: ( 13 pts )
Section One: Reading Comprehension ( 06 pts )
A ) Read the text and answer the questions ( 04 Pts)
1. How many people in the world have English as their language ?
2. Which country has the smallest number of English speakers ?
3. Which country has the greatest one ?
4. How did English come to these countries ?
B ) Lexis : ( 02 pts )
1- Find in the text words that are closest in the meaning to :
largest = …………….. inhabitants = ………………….
2- Find in the text words that are opposite in the meaning to :
old ≠ ……………… big ≠ ………………
Section Two: Mastery of Language ( 07 Pts )
A ) Complete the table. ( 02pts )
more great than
B ) Look at the example and do the same. ( 02 pts )
Example : Annaba / beautiful / Algiers ------- Annaba is as beautiful as Algiers.
1. Egypt / large / Algeria / not / .
2. London / nice / Paris / .
C ) Ask questions on the underlined words. ( 03 pts )
1. Oran is situated in the north west of Algeria.
2. Algerian people speak French well.
3. Spoken English became a little different from the written one.
PART TWO: Integration Phase (written expression) ( 07 Pts )
Use the following notes and write a short paragraph. ( less than ten lines )