Everyday, children spend too much time in front of T.V. Some of them like cartoons and serials, others prefer action films or sport programmes, but nearly every one of them dislikes news and documentaries. At school, teachers find a lot of difficulties with the pupils who don't revise their lessons, don't do their homework and often forget their books and exercise-books at home. The parents sometimes forget or ignore their responsibilities towards their children. They only feed them and offer them clothes, but forget their education.
PART ONE: ( 14 pts )
Section One: Reading Comprehension ( 07 pts )
A ) Read the text and answer the questions ( 03 Pts)
1. A) Do all children dislike news and documentaries?
1. B) nearly every one of them dislikes news and documentaries.
2. A) Who does "their" in the text refer to?
2. B) in the text "their" refer to the children.
3. A) What do parents forget?
3. B) the parents forget their education.
B) Choose the best answer. ( 02 pts )
1. Children like watching : ( documentaries – news – serials )
2. Teachers find difficulties with : ( parents – pupils – lessons )
C ) Lexis : ( 02 pts )
1- Find in the text words that are closest in meaning to :
Many = lot Problems = difficulties
2- Find in the text words that are opposite in meaning to :
Behind ***8800; in front likes ***8800; dislikes
Section Two: Mastery of Language ( 07 Pts )
A) Reorder the following words alphabetically. ( 02 pts )
news – nearly – everyday – everyone
Answers. Everyday- everyone- nearly- news.
B) Complete the table. ( 02pts )
Singular sport documentary difficulty child
Plural sports documentaries difficulties children
C ) Put in : ( do – did – does ) ( 03 pts )
1. How does Peter go to school everyday?
2. Did his parents offer him clothes?
3. What does she do, yesterday afternoon?
PART TWO: Integration Phase (written expression) ( 06 Pts )
Complete the paragraph with the missing words.
Some pupils are like cartoon and films. They spend a lot time in front of their T.V set but, they don't do their homework and teachers are always ..........with them.